Monday February 20th – No School today
During the Ontario provincial election in 2007, Dalton McGuinty, of the Liberal Party, promised that, if re-elected premier, he would establish a provincial holiday in February. On October 12, 2007, the provincial government established Family Day, to be first observed on February 18, 2008. Its creation raised Ontario’s number of statutory holidays to nine per year. Take advantage of the day and spend some quality time with your family. Skating, bowling, shopping, dinner or just some quality time chatting on the couch. Whatever you and your family decide to do, make sure you do it together!
Friday February 24 -Activity Day
We are looking forward to our upcoming ski trip Friday, February 24, 2017 at Lakkeridge ski resort. Here are a few quick reminders:
- All students attending the trip must be at the school at 8:00 am buses leave at 8:15 sharp
- Students are to meet in the gym and line up with their classes
- Dress warmly, jackets, snow pants, mitts, hats
- Bring your lunch or bring money if you are purchasing your lunch
Students who are not attending the ski trip:
- Arrive at school at the regular time 9:00 am meet in the gym and wait for your attendance
- Enjoy the wonderfully planned activities waiting for you!
Workshop Series in Mandarin & Cantonese
Presented by the Parent Engagement & Network (P.E.N.) Workshop Series: Ontario Secondary Schools and Course Selection (See Flyer)
- Understanding the assessment, evaluation and reporting process in order to support your child’s education
6:00 – 8:00: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 @ Markham South Welcome Centre (7220 Kennedy Road, Unit 8, Markham) OR Thursday, February 2, @ Unionville High School (201 Town Centre Blvd, Markham)