Congratulations for getting through the first week back with flying colours!
Thank you to all students and families that attended class on time and have returned the book of forms that was sent home on the first day. If you have not done so please make sure to return the forms this week as the information is required for learning and student safety. These forms will include: the acceptable use of technology, dismissal procedure and lunchtime routines. These start up forms must be signed and returned to your child’s teacher before September 11, 2017. You may read our startup package here (PDF), however required forms were distributed in class to your child and must be returned.
Recruiting for School Assistants
Beckett Farm is looking to hire new School Assistants! As our school population is growing, we are in need of more competent, capable and caring adults to supervise our students during lunch and recess times. This is a paid position with the York Region District School Board. If you are interested in joining the Beckett Team, contact Mrs. Khan in the office at (289) 746-3276. Training will be provided.
YRP Primary Traveler Road Safety Event
On Friday September 15, our grade 5 students will be working with officers to speak to drivers about the dangers of unsafe driving in school zones. Drivers will be receiving warnings, as well as mock tickets with art work the students have created to help deliver the message about the importance of road safety around their school.
- Our schools work in close partnership with York Regional Police to promote safety in our school communities for our students, staff and families.
- The objective of this event is to educate members of the community of the importance of driving carefully in school zones, especially during school hours.
- The safety and well-being of our students is one of our top priorities at YRDSB and this event is one more way we are working to promote safety within our school community.
- Along with partners at York Regional Police, we would like to thank all of our community members who watch carefully for our students, avoid speeding in residential neighbourhoods and obey the laws governing school buses.
For further information please contact York Regional Police Media Relations Officers at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 2664
International Languages Program 2017-2018
This program provides any child with the opportunity to read, write and speak a new language or maintain heritage language and culture. This is a program funded by the Ontario Ministry of Education. Please see the following flyer (PDF link) for additional information and registration.
How to subscribe to this newsletter
- Navigate to BFPSnews.com
- On the right hand side of the page, enter your email where it says “Weekly Updates in your Inbox” and click subscribe.
- Check your email to confirm your subscription by clicking on the blue button “Confirm Follow.”
- Note: You may also choose to unsubscribe from these emails at any time (by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the emails).
Please help us spread the news to the Beckett Farm community by directing them to this site. We look forward to staying in touch with you this upcoming school year. If you have questions regarding the Beckett Farm Newsletter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (289) 746-3276.