The Farm’s Funny of the Week:
TIP OF THE WEEK:
Supporting our ELL students at home:
- Oral storytelling is a great way to engage children and also to enhance children’s vocabulary and oral language skills
- Encourage children to add to the stories you are telling or make up their own
- Can be done in your home lanugage
“Read” wordless picture books
- Wordless picture books tell stories through pictures. This can be a fun way for parents and children to sit down together with books and talk about stories.
- Children can learn how stories progress, make predictions, and develop a love for books.
Say rhymes and sing songs
- rhymes, songs and chants can help build oral language skills, such as intonation and word stress
- Can be done in your home language as well
Watch educational children’s television programs together
- Promotes English language and literacy development. This can be a great way for both parents and children to learn English together.
- TVO Kids is a great place to start
Read bilingual books
- Great way for ELL students and their parents and family to enjoy books together. In addition, they can both improve their reading skills along the way.
This Week at the Farm:
November 25-29- FDK Classroom Visits continued
November 25-29- Scholastic Book Fair continued
November 26- School Bus Safety Sessions
November 27- Picture Re Take day
November 27-29- Grade 3 Gifted Testing
November 27- Neighbourhood Community Watch Presentation for all families @7:00PM
November 28- Dental Screening (JK, SK, Gr 2, Gr 7, Gr 4)
November 28- Community Class Field Trip to Special Olympics Program (9:30-1:30)
November 29- VIP Grade 6
Looking Ahead at the Farm:
December 2-6- FDK Classroom Visits continued
December 2-3- Dental Screening continued (JK, SK, Gr 2, Gr 7, Possibly Gr 4)
December 4- Daycare Winter Concert
December 4- Grades 2-4 participating in a Cartoon Workshop
December 11- Primary Winter Concert
December 12- Kindergarten Winter Concert
School Fundraising Forms
Families, if you have not already done so, please return all School Fundraising Forms back to the school no later than December 6, 2019.
Message from School Council:
Beckett Farm School Council is launching the annual fundraising event and this will go on for 3 weeks. The students will be given a donation form to facilitate the collection on or before December 6, 2019. All donations will be used to purchase new technology equipment, books for our library, science kits and other items wherever the school sees the need. Please help us reach our goal of $10, 000 and enrich our school even more.
Your School Council